Recently I was given a dump of raw logs for a large e-commerce website and asked what I made of them. This is what Anne said I should look at;
- Where are customers coming from ? Define the online retail channels. Are blogs, PPC or direct traffic
- Which customers are converting (which channel is doing best) ?
- Where are customers dropping off in the process ?
- Who do the customer claim to be (gender, age) ?
- What products are selling well (split by merchandising areas) ?
- Can the products be split differently (such as by price or region) and does this show a different skew on purchasing ?